our mission statement
Loving God to Loving People to Living Godly Lives
our Vision Statement
We live to WORSHIP God by giving ourselves, we exist to EVANGELIZE to set the captives free, we are determined to be SANCTIFIED by God’s word and we desire to be TRANSFORMED by the Holy Spirit to live fruitful lives.
What we believe - Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments in their original writing as fully inspired of God and accept them as the supreme and final authority for faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- We believe that God created man in His own image, that man sinned and thereby incurred the penalty of death, physically and spiritual; that all human being inherit a sinful nature which issues (in the case of those who reach moral responsibility) in actual transgression involving personal guilt.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, a substitutionary sacrifice according to the Scriptures, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus, His ascension into heaven, and His present life as our High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the resurrection both of the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the redeemed and the eternal banishment of those who have rejected the offer of salvation.
- We believe that the one true Church is the whole company of those who have been redeemed by Jesus Christ and regenerated by the Holy Spirit; that the local Church on earth should take its character from this conception of the Church spiritual, and therefore that the new birth and personal confession of Christ are essentials of Church membership.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ appointed two ordinances – Baptism and the Lord’s Supper – to be observed as acts of obedience and as perpetual witnesses to the cardinal facts of the Christian faith; that Baptism is the immersion of the believer in water as a confession of identification with Christ in burial and resurrection, and that the Lord’s Supper is the partaking of bread and wine as symbols of the Saviour’s broken body and shed blood, in remembrance of His sacrificial death until He comes.
- We believe that God has ordained marriage as a heterosexual relationship between a natural man and a natural woman.
Our Denominational Belief
We are a Baptist Church and we fall under the Baptist Union of Southern Africa.
Pastor Dayne is originally from Johannesburg in South Africa and so is his wife Natascha. They have a real heart and love for people and and even deeper love for Jesus.
They have both served in ministry for a number of years. Pastor Dayne Graduated with a Bth Honours in Theology, has extensive experience in Next-Generation ministry and has a real heart for people and for missions, and seeing the kingdom of God grow.
Their vision for Crosspoint family church is to LOVE GOD AND TO LOVE PEOPLE – this is a scriptural command (Mark 10:30). This may sound like a narrow vision however those two statements are loaded with opportunity – and the key to the success of this would be integrating into the direct community surrounding the church and the nation of Botswana as well.
Natascha and Pastor Dayne express the following; “We are just ordinary people with an extra-ordinary opportunity”. They strive to keep their lives and ministry in Botswana as real and organic as possible and have big dreams for not only the church, but for the country of Botswana as well.
meet the team
executive committee/ sunday school leader