CALL FOR PASTOR @ CPFC
You also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to
be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 2:5
Crosspoint Family Church an evangelical church, which is affiliated with the Baptist Union of Southern Africa is actively searching for the Pastor whom God has chosen to lead us into our next season. Crosspoint is a growing, family-oriented church in Gaborone, Botswana. We are a growing multi-generational, multicultural congregation. Our loving, motivated and compassionate congregation are looking forward for a dynamic pastor to lead us and feed us. While being a strong equipper and exhorter, his gifting should also include dynamic, practical and relevant preaching and teaching.
The candidate shall work with the Church’s Management Committee and Eldership and seek to establish and grow the Church in the following areas: –
- Responsible for proclaiming and teaching God’s Word, particularly during Sunday worship services.
- Lead and encourage congregants to grow in spiritual maturity and understanding of God’s Word.
- Nurture prayer as a central aspect of church life; encourage individual prioritization of prayer.
- Together with Elders have active involvement in pastoral ministries, including counselling and visitation, and encourage the congregation to show love and concern for one another.
- Encourage and equip members to take active roles in ministry, delegating where appropriate.
- Encourage outreach to the unsaved, and train up the congregation in personal evangelism and discipleship.
- Implement and oversee programs to reach the unchurched and demonstrate Jesus’ love.
- Motivate interest in, and support of, national and international missions and missionaries.
- Be part of the church leadership; work alongside leadership and church administrator to ensure actions aimed toward furthering the church’s ministry plan are followed through,
- Participate in church leadership meetings where appropriate to guide and equip leaders with knowledge of the needs of the church.
- Work alongside a church administrator to ensure all aspects of the church administration and maintenance are well managed.
- Strive to live a life consistent with that of a spiritual leader which should include consistent devotion to prayer, Bible study, and meditation; dedication to and active leadership of family; and spiritual accountability.
The Pastor who accepts a call to CPFC must meet the scriptural criteria of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9, which are considered vitally important. The church seeks the Pastor who is acting subject to a divine calling (Acts 13:2), rather than one who views the position merely as a vocation.
Additionally, and specifically:
- Preference will be given to a Pastor who has successfully completed a minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in Theology from a reputable University/College with post qualification Experience of at least 5 years as Pastor/Assistant Pastor/Associate Pastor.
- Preference will be given to a Pastor who has some years of experience at a similar or higher position within a church. Further preference will be given to a Pastor with experience with diverse and multicultural congregations.
- Exhibit an obvious love of God and a servant’s attitude, directing glory to God rather than himself.
- Accurately divide the word of truth; obedience to Scripture and a life of prayer.
- Hold a theological viewpoint in keeping with the mainstream view at CPFC
- Possess a sound understanding of, and demonstrated commitment to, CPFC doctrine and principles.
- Be capable of formulating and effectively delivering expository sermons with practical application to hearers of all levels of Christian maturity.
- Have a heart for pastoral ministry and the entire flock at Crosspoint.
- Have an overall zeal to win others for Christ, evidenced by energy to lead the work and grow ministries.
- Build strong relationships across demographics, i.e. including families, students, seniors, diverse cultures, etc.
- Function well in a team and congregational approach to church governance; desire to unite in ministry with those who may not hold precisely the same beliefs on all points.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication.
- Be of strong moral character, committed to upholding the highest ethical standards.
- Strong abilities and knowledge of technology platforms needed to further CPFC ministries post COVID to attain a new area of growth within the church. Social media platforms, You Tube, Facebook and more.
SALARY CPFC follows local and regional recommendations for Pastoral compensation.
Application Dates: Open as of February 2021 – CLOSING DATE: 19TH MARCH 2021.
E-mail all relevant information to email@example.com
If there is a sense that God may be calling you to ministry at CPFC, please submit the one-page Expression of Interest form, five (5) recent YouTube videos of sermons and devotionals and we will follow up with you if you have moved through to the next stage of the process.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM
I have read the CPFC background information, constitution and position advertisement, and have
earnestly sought the Lord’s direction for my future ministry…
WHAT ARE WE ABOUT
About the church Crosspoint Family Church (CPFC) which is located in Block 8, a suburb of Gaborone
the capital city of Botswana…
STATEMENT OF FAITH & WHAT WE BELIEVE
(as copied from the constitution)
To preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, to bring people to Jesus and membership in
CONSTITUTION OF CPFC
This society shall be known as the “Crosspoint Family Church” herein
referred to as the “Society”….
FULL ADVERT (As on the website)
Crosspoint Family Church an evangelical church, which is affiliated with the Baptist Union of Southern …
Crosspoint Family Church an evangelical church, which is affiliated with the Baptist Union of Southern
Africa is actively searching for the Pastor …